Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Chilly!

There was some ice fog last night! It's been sooo cold, but I absolutely love it when we get ice fog! Here, let me show you why:I took these pictures from my driveway. Sometimes I'm totally blown away by Alaska in all her glory. Here's a picture of the fog burning off and the mountains hiding behind it before the sun completely came out.
I just had to share that, doesn't it take your breath away?

So, in knitting knews, I made the cutest little birthday surprise for my dear, dear friend who recently moved to Colorado. I sent her a birthday package today, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't read this, so I can post a picture.Along with some fun little things I've been stockpiling, I got it into my head that she NEEDED a knitted cupcake. So I stayed up late to get it done last night and shipped off her package today. A little belated, as her birthday was Monday, but best friends let you get away with that.
The cupcake turned out so cute, though, that I want to make a zillion more. I have another friend who bakes. Oh, she bakes! She's amazing! I want to make her a dozen knitted cupcakes for no reason at all.
So, aside from the one-evening project, I've managed not to cast on anything new. It's killing me. I have the feeling that I NEED another beret, and really, it wouldn't take long... c'mon. Please?
But the Kiddo's mittens! And my dad's tie! And that rainbow hat! Ooh...that rainbow hat. It's calling me.

No comments: