Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween and Holiday Knitting


I got to take the cutest little purple dragon trick-or-treating last night! He's been wearing the costume for about a week and if he's in it, he gets upset when I refer to him as Kiddo, Bubba, Baby or any other name besides Dragon. He cracks me up!
I had hoped to go out after Mr. Dragon crashed out, but, sadly, it was not to be. The Hubby and I just stayed home and watched a DVD. For all the fun stuff that goes on in this town for Halloween, I missed it all. I'm bummed that I didn't get to dress up, Halloween is usually major for me. Good news is, there may be some girls' night plans solidifying for tonight! And possibly some plans for sugar skull decorating for Day of the Dead. If that pans out, there will definitely be pictures!
On the knitting front, I've got project ADD. The Project is about 80% done and I desperately want to do something else. But I really need to finish this one and start on a SECOND one. Damn. The queue of projects in my head is getting longer! And the time between now and the holidays is getting shorter! Not that all of my presents this year are going to be knitted, I just don't have time. Especially if I want to finish The Project, including pattern. Ugh...just thinking about it makes me want to make something easy and unimportant. But it will be very nice when it's done. I'm just arguing with myself on my blog. Fantastic.
Let me tell you about my plans for holiday knitting. No, I'm not just trying to kill time. I want to make my dad another tie, I really like the Knit Picks Bias Knit Tie, and he actually wears it. I used Panda Silk for the first one, but I think I'd like to try KPPPM, see if he'll wear something a little less subtle. For the Hubby, I have had an idea for a scarf for him that I've wanted to make for years and I'm determined to get it done this winter. If it turns out the way I'm hoping it will, there will absolutely be a pattern posted! It will be called "Skarf" and if that gets your attention, just you wait!
I want to make a cozy hoodie for the Kiddo, too, but I think that will have to wait till post-holidays. That's fine, though. I refuse to buy/make him any clothing that isn't at least a size too big. Kids grow too fast to clothes that only fit them for 6 months! The winters here last long enough that a hoodie will be useful for quite a while. I really like Knit One, Crochet Too's PJ's yarn. It's a little ribbon of fleece material and I think it would make an awesomely cozy sweater. But that's not in any of my three tubs 'o yarn and I should use up something else before I invest in more yarn, even enough for a toddler sweater.
Okay, I suppose I'm done for now. Procrastination time over, time to KNIT!

No comments: