Sunday, February 15, 2009

I went to a party last Saturday night...



I didn't get laid, I got in a fight. Uh-huh, it ain't no big thing.
So, I've had that song stuck in my head all day. Good thing I like it!
I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's day. Not that I'm real big on the consumerism aspect, but I can get behind a day intended to remind your sweetie you appreciate them.
My sweetie appreciates me by linking up arms when we're skankin' to our favorite local ska band, this is the only time he dances, other than once at our wedding. It was a truly fun night! The stickers were their Valentine promotion. The other great thing about our favorite ska band? They've been around a while, so not all the members are original, but this means that my cousin is the newest member...can you guess which one he is?
That suave cat in the Skarf, perhaps? Shameless self-promotion on my part, I suppose, but I'm putting a band sticker on my car, so we'll call it even, okay?
I gave the unfinished skarf to the hubby for christmas, and the double-knitting just killed me. Seems that my knitting technique makes it take about 4 times as long to use this style and I will probably never do it again. But, since he was so psyched about the show, I busted my butt and finished it up so he could wear it. Skarf inaction:Skarf in ACTION!And, I wore my skankin' socks. Nice and cushy! Really, seriously, a fun fun night. We got there early to make sure we had a table and have some tasty food and tried some of the many beers they have on tap. Mmmm...
This is what makes my world go 'round. Good friends, family, music, beer and knitting! In no particular order.
Once again, I hope everyone had at least a little of the fun that I got to have this weekend.
I'll leave you with a very special Valentine message from the little guy. It just brings out the romantic in me!

1 comment: